Friday, September 16, 2011

Best Salad ever!



I know my brother Rajiv will totally disagree, but I LOVE sweet salads filled with fruits and this salad totally fits the bill. It's so gorgeous to look at as well as to eat.
PS: I loooooooove strawberries so I put these in my salad in massive quantities but any really lovely looking and tasting fruit will do. My personal suggestion would be a fruit that’s slightly sweeter You can put any one or max two of the following: Cherries, Peaches, Bananas, Raspberries, Mulberries (though these make everything really purple and messy so you can put them only at the very last minute on top of the salad) and/or Watermelon
Ingredients:
1 Iceberg lettuce - 1 torn by hand into bite sized bits
a dozen strawberries cut into quarters (or any seasonal fruit of your choice as given above)
1 apple cut into cubes (I like the red colour and the roughage but you can peel them if you prefer the apple without the skin)
1 potato boiled and cut into cubes
Walnuts crushed
50 gm Emmenthal cheese cut into cubes
Dressing: whizz all this up in a hand blender or a small spice grinder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
4 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp mint leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
A pinch of Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Method:
· Make sure that all your vegetables and fruits are around the same size
· Put the iceberg lettuce at the bottom of your plate/bowl
· Put the apples, potatoes and cheese here and mix all this up well
· Put the strawberries on top, douse with the luscious dressing
· Top with the chopped walnuts and enjoy!

PS: this picture is not my own, it is for representational purposes only. It is taken from
coffeeandvanilla.com

No comments:

Post a Comment