Saturday, September 17, 2011

Thick Tomato Soup



I love this recipe of my Mother's it's such a lift me up especially in the winters and the rains! It's super easy to make and tastes delicious. Now I know the rains have gone but the winter is nearby and anyways this is quite an all weather soup for me so I’m sharing with you. I’ve given you the non-fat version with olive oil so that you can enjoy this soup more often.
Ingredients:
2 tomatoes, skinned and pureed
(To know how to peel a tomato please refer to my Tomato Salsa recipe or click HERE)
2 cups vegetable stock (you could use the ready cube one)
1/2 cup milk (or cream if you want it fatty)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 heaped tbsp Atta (whole wheat flour)
1 - 2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
Salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper
Method:
· Take a vessel (non stick preferably) and heat the olive oil
· Add the garlic, chilli powder and sauté. You have to be careful here that the olive oil doesn’t smoke at this point and need to work quickly on this
· Add the whole wheat flour and stir
· Once it’s done, this will release a delicious roasted aroma and turn slightly brown.
· At this point, add the vegetable stock and tomato puree.
· If this forms lumps, then just whizz all this up with a hand blender
· Once this is smooth, add the milk and bring to a boil (cover partially, never fully)
Totally ready to go and rocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment