Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sunday Treats: Red Velvet and Cream Cheese Cupcake Class

Last weekend I had a cupcake making class as a few friends (Shaina!!) pestered me, and didn't take no for an answer and made me have a cupcake making session. I just realized how much fun we all had in the class and I surely want to do it again sometime.

A big Huge Thank You to my Husband who has patiently taken the most beautiful photos of the class so that I can share it with all of you

We made:
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Cream Cheese Icing
Caramel Sauce
Chocolate Fudge Topping
Chocolate Cupcakes

I'm going to share with you the recipe on how to make the Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing this week and then Next week I'll show you the Caramel Sauce and the Chocolate cupcakes

These recipes are taken from Martha Stewart's Cupcake Book but slightly adapted by me to suit our Indian Climate and taste. Martha Steward is a genius and I love her.


My Whisks!

Cocoa Powder


Mixing the Red Velvet together

Adding the baking powder and vinegar

one final mix

Ready to go

yummy!

This is so much fun!

Filling up the cupcake tins

Cream Cheese Frosting

All ready

Now for the Icing

A big bite!

Icing

Almost there

Different Designs

how fascinating!

Let me try too!

 
Our creations



Red Velvet Cupcakes

Ingredients:
2 ½ cups Maida
2 tbsp cocoa Powder
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
2 eggs at room temperature
½ tsp red food colour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup Buttermilk
1 ½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp white vinegar

Method:

1.      Oven should be at 180 Degrees centigrade
2.      In a bowl, mix together cake flour and cocoa powder
3.      On medium speed, whisk together sugar and oil till combined
4.      Add eggs one at a time
5.      Mix in food colour and vanilla essence
6.      Now on low speed add little bit flour and buttermilk alternating with 3 batches of flour and 2 batches of buttermilk
7.      Mix together the baking powder and vinegar in a separate bowl
8.      Add to the mixture and mix on medium for 10 seconds
9.      Bake for 10 minutes on each side or until done


 Cream Cheese Frosting:
200 gm butter
2 pkts cream cheese (336 gm cream cheese)
2 cups icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence

1.      Beat Butter and cream cheese together till fluffy
2.      Add sugar ½ cup at a time till you reach desired sweetness
      3.      Add vanilla essence and beat till fully incorporated





No comments:

Post a Comment