Monday, October 10, 2011

Bruschetta Part 1- Tomato Mozzarella Pesto


Hey guys I'm back!! I hope you missed me :)

Ok so I'm going to start with some really tasty and delicious recipes of Bruschettas.

These are super diverse and can b had as a healthy and delicious snack option at anytime. I like to think of Bruschettas as open sandwiches with good quality bread. What I like to do is go to one of my favourite bakeries like

  •     Le Pain Quotidienne (LPQ)
  •     Nature's Basket
  •     Moshe's 
  •     City Bakery
  •     Camy (Celejor)

And buy either French Bread, or this kind of bread:


My favourite is the bread below: It's called sour dough bread and has a really crispy exterior but this melting and slightly tangy interior. This tends to have lots of flour on top of it and if you can make lovely thin slices from this and make your bruschettas with it, I promise you, you will be a fan too for life. I usually got this from LPQ - http://www.lepainquotidien.in/#/en_IN/locations/mumbai



So back to the topic, the ingredients:
Mozzarella Cheese (I prefer Buffalo Mozzarella)
Tomatoes
Olive Oil
Basil Leaves (or if you want to use readymade pesto, that is also fine)
Olive Tapenade ( click HERE for the recipe)
Freshly ground pepper
Gorgeous bread of your choice

Method:
Slice the bread and place them on your working surface
Spread the Olive tapenade thinly onto your bread
Slice the tomatoes
Slice the Mozzarella as well
Arrange this on your bread and top with some freshly ground pepper and basil leaves
Drizzle with olive oil and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment