Saturday, October 15, 2011

Goat's Cheese and Rocket Salad




This is one of my favvvourite recipes and I absolutely love love eating this salad anytime anywhere. It's normally called a Chevre Salad and I think it's quite a famous french recipe

It's super easy and ready in a jiffy

4 bread slices, the edges taken off, then toasted slightly and cut into 4 triangles
300gm Rocket Leaves



100 gm Goat's Cheese
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Honey

Preheat your Oven to 160 Degrees Centigrade
Take the rocket leaves, wash them, dab them dry and put them on your plate.
Mix them with Balsamic vinegar dressing
Place a piece of Goat's Cheese on the triangular toasts and shove them in the oven/Griller/OTG for around 4 - 5 minutes till the goat's cheese is really lovely and melty
Take out from the oven, place on a rack to cool and drizzle with honey on top. The amount of Honey you put totally depends on how much you like honey. I've seen my sister put 1 tbsp on each Goat's Cheese toast whereas I need 1 tbsp for my entire batch of toasts... so ya depends on you
Place these toasts on top of your rocket leaves and balsamic and Voila Chevre Salad ready!

This is a brilliant all time easy and healthy snack-cum salad. Love it!



I've just put up pictures for representational purposes, I unfortunately didn't take a picture of my actual salad

No comments:

Post a Comment