Monday, November 21, 2011

Potato, Spinach and Tahini Salad

You know there are days where you just don't want to eat anything? Firstly, I never have days like those, for me the danger is the days that I decide to go the junk food route and just go ballistic. I love my food, I love everything about my food. That's why, for me it's so important to have my salad fixes because without them I'd just go on eating without limits!! Fortunately I love salads Plus they fill my stomach so that I am guzzling down the right foods and get full-ish before the wrong foods arrive. This salad has all the good creaminess of a mayonnaise based salad, but without the fattening element. It's ideal plus it's really yummy. I like to sometimes put sautéed chicken sausages in this to give more colour and spunk sometimes as well.




Ingredients: for 4 people
300gm Baby potatoes boiled in salt water and halved
50gm Green Beans cleaned and boiled in salted water
Spinach leaves washed
Chicken Sausages cut and sauteed
50gm feta cheese crumbled

For the dressing mix together all of the following: 
2 tbsp tahini paste
5 tbsp yogurt
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
juice of half a lemon (around 1 tbsp)

Method
Take the spinach as a bed on the bottom
Mix the potatoes, green beans and sausages together with the dressing


Put this mixture on the bed of spinach
Top with feta cheese and serve fresh




No comments:

Post a Comment