Monday, December 19, 2011

Pick me up Salad - Strawberry Yogurt

This is such a comfort dish for me and I Love to have it anytime of the day. Especially now in the winters where I have to motivate myself to get to work and actually do some work when all I want to do is laze around and just watch tv this provides a little bit of "pep" to help me get through the day.

Since it is Strawberry season I love to put loads of Strawberries and put less of yogurt simply because I love the tartness and tanginess of the strawberries. This can also double up as a dessert if you add a little sugar to it.

Ingredients for 1 cup:
10 Strawberries
4 tbsp Yogurt
Walnuts

Method:
Clean and Chop the Strawberries
Crush the walnuts with your hand
Whisk the Yogurt separately with a pinch of salt, half a tsp honey/sugar till smooth
Add the chopped strawberries and crushed walnuts
Mix and enjoy!

Quick note: Mint leaves do really good with this and look great as well if you like

No comments:

Post a Comment