Tuesday, April 19, 2011

San Churros - review


So I was dying to check the new chocolateria around town and really was super excited about going to San Churros. Fortunately it did not disappoint on many levels and I came out one happy customer!

The Atmosphere:

Great Great Great - Love it! from the lovely wooden feel, to the Spanish look and feel, to the live churros counter and the beautiful coffee machine it was all working for me. I love the big screens which could not only show matches and cricket but it had tastefully done beautifully taken pictures selling and promoting their products. I love the chandeliers as well as the colour scheme.

The Service:

Well this I would say was a bone of contention for me. The server forgot us, forgot our order and was roaming around with our order all over the top floor lost until we approached him after he went down and came back for the third time as to whether this would be our order. Otherwise, if you order at the counter, staff is friendly and great.

The Food:
The Churros do not disappoint, the hot and fresh and crispiness accompanied by the melting molten beautiful chocolate sauce are a combination made in heaven. I was super impressed by the quality of chocolate and absolutely loved the hot chocolate here as well. I liked the idea of having a sort of "tasting platter" with all their different kinds of products and have definitely enjoyed trying all the different things on the menu. However, I didn't really love the brownie and the chocolate pretzels had gone soft and I wasn't overtly taken in by the non chocolate items on the menu either.

Overall:
Overall I loved the atmosphere, the presentation and most of all the chocolate!!

Please do go Visit San Churros when you are in the neighbourhood!

Address: Shop No. 11, Silver Pearl, Waterfield Road, Bandra West, Mumbai

Coming soon - How to make your very own Churros at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment