Friday, June 10, 2011

Canvas Food Review


People have given me mixed reviews about Canvas so I thought that I'd go and check it out for myself to know what it was all about.

Now I don't want to be a bore and give you exact details about every single dish that we ordered with a full assessment so I'm going to keep it short and simple.

Basic Verdict: I'd probably go there again to have a dinner with friends before a night of partying. I'd prefer to book a 10:30 table and then hang out at Canvas, depending of whether they have a good DJ or not. I would not really go for an intimate dinner.

Let's Start with the food: We had Pesto paneer (which sounded strange) and teriyaki chicken both of which were really yummy so full points for that. The rest of the dishes ordered included sea bass, chicken, tenderloin all of which were above average but nothing that popped out as being absolutely exceptional.

The Beverages: I was quite surprised that the cocktails that they made were not upto the mark. So I’d say, stick to the basics and you’ll be safe.

The Service: we have mixed signals from the servers. We had one server who absolutely didn’t understand what we were trying to say, and then just as all hope was dying we had another server taking over who was pretty brilliant. He was a bit too pushy with his suggestions but that sometimes comes with the turf.

The Atmosphere: Here’s where I really was intrigued. I’ve seen this kind of concept in Paris and New York where you can have a really high end restaurant which converts into a nightclub after a certain point. They tried to give it a balanced look of opulence and chic but somehow didn’t exactly get it bang on. I do love the atmosphere when the lights go out and the huge frames that are hanging from the ceiling come to life with the DJ spinning it out.

So I guess it’s up to you to take your call on whether to get to Canvas or not, if you do and have an opinion, tell me how it was!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment